Sunday, September 16, 2012

Yonkers Marathon

This is the 4th year in a row that I've run the Yonkers Marathon. My ultimate goal was to finish under 4 hours. My official time was 3:56:16. Having run 3 marathons last year including Yonkers and finishing all over 4 hours, it was good to finish at that time. The amazing thing is that Every time I've run this race the weather was almost identical. Sunny & warm. I felt good out there. It was a strange race with different challenges throughout. I realized with 2 miles to go that I was finish under 4 hours. I will never be able to tame 26.2 miles. I seem to get past the 15-Mile mark and it becomes a battle of attrition. my pace slows down and my average minute-per-mile was 9:01. I would need to average a minute slower to qualify for the Boston Marathon. First things first and I'll enjoy the goal I set and the metal I received.