I wrote these lyrics back in 1986:
Woe Of Man
You can't even try to give the kind of wealth I really need
In order to possess the things that I really want to have
Yet I know that you cannot
It isn't really what you want
So I am telling you right now I'm being honest with myself
And not with you
Yes with you
Don't you understand
Oh woe of man
Yeah I'll do whatever I can to be by the poolside
I can see my future now and it won't be time spent with you
Because I need to have the choice of choosing what I want
And this will mean that I won't work
My full time job will be at home between the kids
My day will be so occupied
So occupied and never alone
Oh Woe of Man
Yeah I'll do whatever I can to be by the poolside
This is not the future yet and I don't live in the past
And as you can tell right now my surroundings are very nice
This should not be hard to take
We've made some very big mistakes
And now you'll just understand
I am the woe of man
The woe of man
Oh woe of man
Yeah I'll do whatever I can to be by the poolside