Wednesday, March 13, 2013
Central Park
I went down to Manhattan and ran around Central Park. It's the first time I've been there this year. I ran several races last year on my way to qualifying for this year's New York City Marathon. I can't help but get flashbacks of past races when I'm there. So many miles have been put under my feet. I always felt motivated in the park to run as fast as I could. The one nice thing about the races there were the fan support. It's always nice to hear cheering crowds rooting for you. When I started running races it was amazing to have spectators encouraging you to keep pushing on. That's why running for me became a creative outlet. I ended up getting more fan support there than any of my other artistic endeavours. Running combines theatre, music and dance. It's all performance.