Monday, May 14, 2012

Leave The Keys

Last year I wrote a rock opera entitled THE FRONT DESK. It's about the events going on at and around the front desk of a hotel. It has 24 songs in all with each song representing an hour of the day. I performed it one this year and I felt the need to change one thing. The last song of the rock opera. I was ending it with a song called FRONT DESK AGENT (REPRISE). It was basically the same song I played earlier in the show only with a few different lyrics and chord changes. I didn't feel like it resolved the show. So I've replaced FRONT DESK AGENT (REPRISE) with a new song called LEAVE THE KEYS. The idea is that when somebody checks out of a hotel they leave the keys in the room. I think the whole thing works better that way.