Thursday, May 3, 2012

Seeing My Love

These are lyrics to my latest song. I was going for a British Invasion love song.

SEEING MY LOVE

Seeing my love for the first time
She really knocked me out
With her dress and high heel shoes
I just want to scream and shout

Seeing my love for the second time
I just took a chance
I asked her if she would dance
sparking up a new romance

She looked at me and she smiled
I knew this was pretty wild
She thanked me and she said no
Then I saw her leave
As she walked away from me
That's the way it always seems to go

Seeing my love for the third time
It really broke my heart
It was over long before it could start

I would try to reach so high
Reaching up into the sky
Try to get a piece of that pie
Like a bad dream
It ends up like a scheme
And you find yourself a member of the B-Team

Seeing my Love for the last time
Anyone can see
I was clearly out of her league.